Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 19: 5 Dinner Guests

This is a truly intimidating post. Imagine if the people I put on my list actually came to a dinner with me?? Eeep.

Day 19: Who are 5 people you’d love to have dinner with (living or deceased) and why?

1.) Pope John Paul II - I can't explain why, but I think partially that he musta had a wicked sense of humor at times and it would be awesome to see. Plus he just has that aura of calm and happiness that I sometimes seek in my life. 

2.) J.R. Tolkien - The man wrote some amazing books that became great movies as well. Not to mention his own unique view of the world could give me so much insight into questions that I have. 

3.) Steve Jobs - If nothing else to get him to buy.... Haha, just kidding. With all of the stories circulating since his passing and stuff like that, it would be interesting to talk to him about his own desires, beliefs, and just how his style of management could be something that worked for me, without the corporate ousting and stuff like that.

4.) Andy Pettite - I know this is a weird one. However, for a man who had such a strong faith and one who did so much, he just seems like he would be an interesting down to earth person to talk to. About life, about goals, and faith. I have always admired him as a person and pitcher. He just seems like he would be a good role model to learn from.

5.) Jesus - Although the living/deceased part could confuse some people. Why? Do I really need to explain why? I hope not. If nothing else, not that I need justification in my work/faith/belief it could truly serve to renew my own desires and hopes for my ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment