Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Health Activist's Writers Month Challenge: Day 5 Ekphrasis Post???


Today's prompt: Go to flickr.com/explore and write a post inspired by the image. Can you link it to your health focus? Don’t forget to post the image! 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hidesax/7042068183/ 

Sorry, I can't actually convince my blog to post this picture here. That is messed up, so here's the link. Maybe I will try to sort this out when I can.

The Ekphrasis post. 


The link might explain to you better what I am supposed to be doing. 


The spring storm image called my name, the hues of blue reminded me of Blue Fridays. The day in which all people with type one diabetes are called to wear blue in solidarity, but maybe also to get people to wonder why we are wearing blue. To be able to advocate for those people who have type one diabetes.


The rain can be symbolic of the tears of frustration we all face in dealing with this illness or condition. the desire to sometimes just sit down, cry, and quit. Yet I don't see that focus. The image of the spring storm, brings new life. It waters the bulbs, seeds, and trees. Things will bloom and come anew. The rain can wash us clean as we start anew each day. Each spring. The rain cleans us. This is what I see. No tears for fears for me. Not this day, not ever. We start again. We are new. We are whole. We are able to live each day as a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment