Monday, April 30, 2012

I Concede

Today I have conceded defeat to the Wego Health Daily Blog challenge. This weekend kicked my butt all over the place, I was without internet most of Sunday and I just could not consign myself to following directions anymore. So I throw in the towel. (crumple, crumple, pleh,) That's the sound towels make. HAHAHA, I know it's the pleh that gets me too.

I enjoyed the prompts and hints. I liked having direction for my blog, but my other medical issue, BSOS can only be contained for so long. (Bright Shiny Object Syndrome). I did my best to stay on target, yet if you know me I can only do that for so long. So I am back to my aimless blogging/wandering at least until I find some other band wagon to jump on.

Recently, I have been making in roads on two things diabetes related. The first is the low blood sugars that attack me all the time. I have been a little more aware of things that seem to harass me, so I am handling them better. Plus the night time lows. I eat a Reese's Egg before I go to sleep if I am sub 100. That seems to deal with any IOB issues that I have been facing as I drift off to sleep. Plus when I wake up in the morning, I can now go to the gym (another things I have started again) without needing to guzzle OJ or something else. This is good.  I am happy with this. Maybe my lows will stabilize and I can stop worrying about this junk.

Also other things that have been going through my head.... Well when I don't have a brain fart. Speaking of "Brain Farts" I stumbled upon this article on Yahoo today, which helped me not feel so spacey when I do have the brain farts. Read them all, but especially number 1 on doors.

"Do you ever walk into a room with some purpose in mind — to get something, perhaps? — only to completely forget what that purpose was?  Turns out, doors themselves are to blame for these strange memory lapses. Psychologists at the University of Notre Dame have discovered that passing through a doorway triggers what's known as an "event boundary" in the mind, separating one set of thoughts and memories from the next, just as exiting through a doorway signals the end of a scene in a movie. Your brain files away the thoughts you had in the previous room, and prepares a blank slate for the new locale. Mental event boundaries usually help us organize our thoughts and memories as we move through the continuous and dynamic world, but when we're trying to remember that thing we came in here to do… or get… or maybe find… they can be frustrating indeed." How weird is that?!?

Lately, I have been looking at my exercise routine and finding out that I do seem to enjoy riding my bike. This leads me to the next jump of trying to get a better bike for my needs. I love the one I am riding now, but it is just not the right fit for me. So I am trying to sell that bike and buy a new one. If I do this, I need to justify the expense of buying a new bike. The best way to do that is to consider a Diabetes related bike event. You know where I am going here. Do I try to do a Tour de Cure or just laugh and hide from that concept completely? There are some coming up in June, but I have so much going on right now, that I worry I won't have the time to really commit. However, there is one in September, yet I am somewhat terrified of the concept and idea. I mean do I do the 35, the 62.3 or go all out with the 100? I don't know. I need to really sit down and think about this. I mean 100 miles scares the dung right out of me and well that is alot of training. I wanted to ride my bike to my parents house 1 day, that is like 50 miles, but going it alone on some of those Highways is very freaky. The Tour at least has some bailout room. I just need to man up and make a decision soon. 

This is what I have going on right now. Some good things on the table and other more annoying things. Also, I have been thinking about my blog design/layout/setup. I want to do some overhauls, but I don't think Blogger is really fit for what I am thinking of. This leads me to look at other blogging sites and what to do from there. Not to mention I have 50 really awesome business cards that I would have completely wasted if I did this. AHHHHHHH so many thoughts. 

This is why I threw in the towel. Not because I am lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment